Overcoming an artist block is difficult. Sometimes creativity doesn't always come knocking at your door. I have the strongest artist block when I am stressed out. Here are some things I would do break it.

I usually give myself a week or two (sometimes a whole month) break from drawing especially right after a stressful final or event. It's a great time for me to clear my head and just relax. Creativity seems to appear a lot when I am at my most happiest or most relax state of mind. This sounds bad but I go on a netflix binge. I don't recommend it for everyone but it works for me. It gives me ideas or just inspires me. Reading a good book always helps, it's definitely more healthier than binge watching on netflix.

As an artist we like to sit around all day and that's a fact. One thing I found out last year that really works for me is a good exercise. You will be amaze what a 20 minutes jog can do. So that pretty much sums up the things that I would do when I have an artist block. If you have any suggestions or better ways of breaking the block feel free to leave a comment.

| Tumblr | Deviant Art |


Leave a Reply

All content copyright © 2014 AJsimpy & SimplyAJ unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.